Trout with a Quinoa Medley
This dish is loaded with fiber-rich quinoa, cancer-fighting broccoli, and antioxidant-packed sugar snap peas. Plus, it’s topped off with healthy fats from olive oil and trout!
Portion size: 1 x 100 g trout + 1 cup quinoa medley
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Chopping board Knife Measuring cup
Small pot Frying pan
½ cup quinoa 1 tbsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 lemon, halved 1 tbsp parsley, chopped 1 cup broccoli, chopped finely 1 cup sugar snap peas 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced 1 medium pear, julienned 400 g trout Salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the juice of ½ a lemon, and the parsley to the quinoa and mix it together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fry the broccoli, sugar snap peas, red onion, and pear over high heat for 5-7 minutes until just cooked.
- Add to the quinoa and combine
- Fry the trout over high heat, skin side down first. Season with salt. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes. Fish will turn light pink and firm up to the touch.
- Serve on a bed of the quinoa medley. Finish off with a squeeze of lemon.
The recipes provided on this website are intended to be used by healthy individuals who will still use some discretion when it comes to their personal needs and requirements. While we make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate, we cannot guarantee that it is free from errors or omissions. It is the responsibility of the reader to check the ingredients and ensure that they are suitable for their specific dietary requirements. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you are unsure of any allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances. Additionally, while we provide suggestions for ingredient substitutions, it is up to the reader to determine whether these substitutions are appropriate for their specific dietary needs.