Simply Sublime Sandesh Mithai
Desserts can in fact be made to be healthy and satisfying, This Sandesh Mithai contains ricotta cheese, which is a good source of low-fat protein, and it contains some calcium. Pistachio nuts contain healthy fats and are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, which are important antioxidants for eye health. Try out this very easy Indian dessert, usually enjoyed during Diwali.
Serves: 4 servings
Portion size: 1 unit
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Custting Board Knife Small Mixing Bowl
Griddle Pan Serving plate
2 tsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Honey 5 strands of saffron 2 tbsp water 1 tsp lemon juice ½ pineapple 1 cup ricotta 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp cranberries 2 tbsp Pistachio Edible flowers for garnish Slice of lemon for garnish
- Add the Liviana™ CBD-Infused honey, saffron, water and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl. Stir and set aside
- Peel the pineapple and slice 4 x 1 cm-thick slices from it.
- Slice the ricotta into 0.5 cm circular slices.
- Place the pineapple in a griddle pan over a very high heat. Grill for 1 minute on each side.
- Place the pineapple on a serving plate. Put the ricotta on top of the pineapple. Drizzle the honey mixture over the ricotta.
- Garnish with cranberries, pistachios and edible flowers for the perfect Diwali dessert. Serve with a slice of lemon.
The recipes provided on this website are intended to be used by healthy individuals who will still use some discretion when it comes to their personal needs and requirements. While we make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate, we cannot guarantee that it is free from errors or omissions. It is the responsibility of the reader to check the ingredients and ensure that they are suitable for their specific dietary requirements. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you are unsure of any allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances. Additionally, while we provide suggestions for ingredient substitutions, it is up to the reader to determine whether these substitutions are appropriate for their specific dietary needs.