Pork belly should not be something that you only order at fancy restaurants and pay big bucks for. Once you have made it and realise how easy it is, and how tasty it can be with the simplest of ingredients, it will rise to an easy weekday dinner or minimal-effort crowd pleaser. Sometimes the best ingredient for the most complex flavour, is time.
Serves: 4 servings
Portion size: 10 x 10 cm square
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Air-fryer Cutting board Knife
Measuring spoon Small saucepan Kitchen towel
1 kg pork belly 1 tsp cumin, ground 1 tsp coriander, ground 2 sprigs fresh thyme 1 tbsp salt 1 tbsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar Sauce 1 tbsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Honey 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard 3 sprigs thyme 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp cumin, ground 1 tsp coriander, ground 1 tsp salt
- Score the pork belly's skin into 2 cm triangles. Cut just through the skin and not into the meat.
- Turn the pork belly around and season the meat with the cumin, coriander, thyme and salt.
- Turn around and tap the skin dry with a kitchen towel, and brush with apple cider vinegar. Place it into the air fryer, skin side up, directly onto the air fryer's basket's grill to allow all rendered fat to drip into the basket.
- Air-fry the pork belly at 90°C for 30 minutes to dry out the skin.
- Remove the pork belly from the air fryer after 30 minutes. Brush the pork belly's skin with Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin and season with some coriander, cumin, and salt.
- Return the pork belly to the air fryer and allow to cook for a further 90 minutes at 160°C until the crackling turns golden brown and crispy.
- While the pork belly is cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to the boil and sinmer for 5 minutes.
- Brush the pork belly every 30 minutes with the sauce.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the pork belly when it is cooked and set aside to rest for 15 minutes before slicing it.
The recipes provided on this website are intended to be used by healthy individuals who will still use some discretion when it comes to their personal needs and requirements. While we make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate, we cannot guarantee that it is free from errors or omissions. It is the responsibility of the reader to check the ingredients and ensure that they are suitable for their specific dietary requirements. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you are unsure of any allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances. Additionally, while we provide suggestions for ingredient substitutions, it is up to the reader to determine whether these substitutions are appropriate for their specific dietary needs.