No Waste Vegetable Curry
Not always sure what to do with all the bits and bobs of vegetables left at the end of the week in the fridge? No need to throw anything out, try and reduce food wastage by using what you have. This dish will be the ultimate crowd-pleaser and for sure a favourite among the family. Filled with vegetables, high in fibre and nutrient-packed. This is the easiest curry and will be be your future go-to dish.
Serves: 4 Portion size: 1 ½ cup Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes
Large Pot Measuring Spoon
1 large brown onion, chopped 2 cloves black garlic 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated 2 medium carrots, diced 2 small sweet potatoes, diced ½ head of cauliflower, stalks and florets diced ¼ red pepper, diced 1 can diced tomatoes 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed 1 can coconut cream 1 cup water 1 tablespoon curry paste ½ tsp turmeric, ground ½ tsp cumin, ground ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground 1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 1 tbsp Liviana™ Chilli Trilogy CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the Liviana™ Chilli Trilogy CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the carrots, and sweet potato and sauté for another 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften
- Add the curry paste, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chickpeas and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the flavours have melded together.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs and accompanied by a side of brown basmati rice.
The recipes provided on this website are intended to be used by healthy individuals who will still use some discretion when it comes to their personal needs and requirements. While we make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate, we cannot guarantee that it is free from errors or omissions. It is the responsibility of the reader to check the ingredients and ensure that they are suitable for their specific dietary requirements. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you are unsure of any allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances. Additionally, while we provide suggestions for ingredient substitutions, it is up to the reader to determine whether these substitutions are appropriate for their specific dietary needs.