Mexican Smash Burger
Mexican cuisine conveniently transformed into a fun, hearty and healthy meal. This dish can be adapted to what you have available and to your liking. It can be tweaked to suit all ages and even impress guests. Everything can be prepared in advance and compiled when needed. Who said healthy food is boring? The perfect example of how freshness can be packed into a perfectly satisfying meal. Give it a go, you will love it!
Portion size: 1 burger
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Cutting board Knife Mixing bowl
Spoon Large frying pan
Patty 250 g lean minced beef 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, finely chopped ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp pepper Tomato salsa 2 cherry tomatoes, quartered ¼ red onion, finely chopped 1 sprig of fresh coriander, finely chopped ¼ tsp sriracha sauce (optional) 1 tsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt and pepper Pineapple Salsa ¼ cup pineapple, diced (0.5 cm cubes) 1 sprig of fresh mint, finely chopped Toppings 2 tbsp red kidney beans ½ cup lettuce, thinly sliced ¼ avocado, sliced ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, grated 1 whole-wheat tortilla wrap
- Mix the ingredients for the patty. Set aside.
- Mix the ingredients for the tomato salsa. Set aside
- Mix the ingredients for the pineapple salsa. Set aside
- Prepare the toppings and place them into small bowls.
- Place the tortilla onto a plate, and press the mince mixture onto the tortilla into a thin layer of about 0.5 cm.
- Drizzle some Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a hot pan over medium heat. Place the tortilla mince side down onto the pan. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Gently flip the tortilla and mince so the mince faces up. Sprinkle the grated cheese onto the mince to melt.
- Cook on the tortilla side for 3 - 4 minutes until golden brown. Transfer onto a plate.
- Layer the rest of the ingredients and salsas onto the mince and melted cheese. Enjoy!
The recipes provided on this website are intended to be used by healthy individuals who will still use some discretion when it comes to their personal needs and requirements. While we make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate, we cannot guarantee that it is free from errors or omissions. It is the responsibility of the reader to check the ingredients and ensure that they are suitable for their specific dietary requirements. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you are unsure of any allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances. Additionally, while we provide suggestions for ingredient substitutions, it is up to the reader to determine whether these substitutions are appropriate for their specific dietary needs.