Capped Cauliflower and Almond Jumble
Did you know? Cauliflower contains iodine-3-carbinol (I3C), sulforaphane and glucosinolates, all compounds that have potential anti-carcinogenic efffects. Almonds are high in protein and healthy fats and can contribute to lowering blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels. You can find these healthy components and plenty more in this delicious Capped Cauliflower and Almond Jumble.
Serves: 4 servings
Portion size: 1½ cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Whisk Cutting board Knife
Large serving dish
Dressing 3 tbsp low-fat plain smooth cottage cheese 2 tbsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 tsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Honey 1 tsp whole-grain mustard 1 tbsp lemon juice Salt and pepper to taste Salad 1 cup green beans 1 cup cauliflower, florets 1 apple, diced into cubes (1 cm x 1 cm) 2 tbsp low-fat feta cheese 2 tbsp dried cranberries, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes ¼ cup almonds, roasted 1 tbsp chives, chopped ¼ cup rocket
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in the bottom of a large serving dish and wisk.
- Top and tail the beans. Blanch for 4 minutes until bright green and shock with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Place ⅔ of the cauliflower, beans and apple into the large serving dish and combine with the dressing.
- Remove the soaked cranberries from the soaking liquid.
- Place the rest of the ingredients on top of the tossed ingredients and garnish with some rocket
The recipes provided on this website are intended to be used by healthy individuals who will still use some discretion when it comes to their personal needs and requirements. While we make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate, we cannot guarantee that it is free from errors or omissions. It is the responsibility of the reader to check the ingredients and ensure that they are suitable for their specific dietary requirements. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you are unsure of any allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances. Additionally, while we provide suggestions for ingredient substitutions, it is up to the reader to determine whether these substitutions are appropriate for their specific dietary needs.