Blanched Broccoli and Pear Salad
Try out blanching as a cooking technique to add to your toolbox when it comes to preparing deliciously crisp vegetables. With blanched broccoli as the star, this salad is a convenient and easy game-changer. Paired with a medley of colourful veggies, a zesty dressing and a sprinkle of nutty goodness, it’s a symphony of flavours.
Savour the perfect balance of crunch, freshness, and pure yumminess. Whip it up and share the love with friends and family. Make healthy eating exciting.
Portion size: 1½ cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Cutting board Knife Wooden spoon Large pot Frying pan
Large serving dish Measuring spoon Measuring cup Small mixing bowl Spoon
1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets or 1 large packet long stem broccoli 2 pears, thinly sliced into 5 mm strips 1 tbsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ red onion, small diced (2 mm cubes) ½ cup parmesan, shaved ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, lightly roasted Dressing: 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 tsp salt ½ tsp pepper 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add some salt. Alternatively, you can use a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Carefully lower the broccoli florets into the boiling water or the steamer basket and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. The broccoli should be bright green and crisp-tender when done. If using broccoli that has been stored in the fridge, blanch in batches to prevent the temperature of the water dropping to much when adding the broccoli.
- Drain the broccoli and immediately plunge it into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Set the broccoli aside.
- Pan-fry the pear slices in the Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil over a high heat until caramelised. Do not stir them too much, turn carefully with a fork.
- Compile that dressing by adding all the ingredients together and mixing it well.
- Spread the dressing at the bottom of a large serving dish.
- Layer the broccoli, red onion, pumpkin seeds, caramelised pear slices, and parmesan cheese on top of the dressing. Sprinkle the chopped parsley and serve as the ultimate impressive side to any main meal. *Tip: the red onion can be blanched as well to reduce the pungency
The recipes provided on this website are intended to be used by healthy individuals who will still use some discretion when it comes to their personal needs and requirements. While we make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate, we cannot guarantee that it is free from errors or omissions. It is the responsibility of the reader to check the ingredients and ensure that they are suitable for their specific dietary requirements. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you are unsure of any allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances. Additionally, while we provide suggestions for ingredient substitutions, it is up to the reader to determine whether these substitutions are appropriate for their specific dietary needs.