We all know that fish is a good-quality protein. It is recommended to be consumed frequently because of the high bioavailable protein and DHA omega-3 content (particularly in fatty fish). It’s quick to cook and packed with flavour. Make sure to always purchase locally and sustainably sourced fresh fish. The benefits obtained from food should stretch further than just the nutritional content thereof. Eating a highly nutritious farmed piece of salmon imported and flown over 2 continents with a carbon footprint the size of a rugby stadium is not the aim of healthy eating. Always pay attention to where your food comes from and that health habits are more than just what you eat.
Serves: 2 servings
Portion size: 1 ish
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Prep Plate Cutting board Knife
Fold braai grid Fire
2 Reds (any small-medium sized locally and sustainably sourced), whole, gutted and scaled
2 tbsp Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup fresh herbs
2 slices grapefruit (replace with oranges or any citrus fruit)
Salt and peppe
- Cover the skin of the fish generously with Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some Liviana™ CBD-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the cavity, place the grapefruit slices with the herbs into the cavity. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish into a folding braai grid.
- Cook over hot coals for 7 - 12 minutes on each side until charred.
- Serve with some lemon wedges.