Apple and blueberry bread pudding
A nostalgic favourite with a healthy twist, an Apple and Blueberry Bread Pudding. The easiest and quickest dessert with ingredients that you will always have around. In under 15 minutes you can feed a group or just yourself. No mess, no fuss, high in fibre, high in antioxidants, high in choline, need I say more? Give it a go!
Serves: 2 Portion size: 1 Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
Small Mixing bowl Fork Chopping board
1 egg ½ cup low-fat milk ¼ tsp vanilla essence 1 tsp sugar 1 pinch salt 1 slice sourdough bread, cut into 1.5 cm cubes 1 apple, peeled and diced into 1 cm cubes ¼ tsp cinnamon ¼ cup Medspresso™ CBD-Infused Rooibos Tea 10 blueberries
- Mix together the egg, milk, vanilla essence, sugar and salt.
- Place the bread cubes in a shallow bowl. Poor the egg mixture of the bread cubes and set aside.
- Fry the apple, cinnamon with the Medspresso™ Rooibos Tea in a pan over a medium heat until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Place the apples on top of the bread with the blueberries.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes until the egg mixture is just set.
- Enjoy as a healthy dessert, or as a breakfast with ½ cup of low-fat yoghurt.